Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

ELECTRIC & TEXTILE : Santa's hat on fire ?

Last week in the United Kingdom, the importer of a flashing Santa hat (BGC Ltd) proceeded to a voluntary withdrawal from the market after receiving many consumers complaints that the hat could cause burns and a risk of fire due to a risk of short-circuits.

The product poses a risk of burns and fire because of bare wires which can come into contact with each other causing a ‘short-circuit’ to occur. 

This could have resulted in the wires rapidly heating up and igniting, with a risk of the textile materials burning.

No comments: